Re: Solaris 9 + Heimdal KDC?

Adam Morley <adam-software-heimdal@gmi.com> writes:

> PAM-KRB5 (auth): krb5_verify_init_creds failed: Key table entry not found
[....]
> PAM-KRB5 (auth): krb5_verify_init_creds failed: Key table entry not found
[...]
> the line, "PAM-KRB5 (auth): krb5_verify_init_creds failed: Key table
> entry not found" is the one in Sun's docs that claims I don't have a
> keytab.
>
> The space I put in the log is me hitting enter on that terminal when I
> see the password prompt, but before I enter the password and hit enter.

It depend on how the lib resolves the principal name of the host. There are
two issues, first if the machine failes to default to resolve its name to
the FQDN, and second because it get confused of what realm to use.

The first should be fixable by changing the order in /etc/hosts, the second
by doing what below.

> [domain_realm]
>         .gmi.com = GMI.COM

You probably want to add add the line below in the [domain_realm] section.

          .prod.gmi.com = GMI.COM

Love

PGP signature