Re: Kerberos attributes with ldap/samba for a heimdal backend

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:30:54 -0500
"James F.  Hranicky" <jfh@cise.ufl.edu> wrote:

> On a hunch, #ifdefed the code above out, recompiled, and tried again. This
> time, using the smbk5pwd overlay, password changes via samba or heimdal
> are reflected in the other, with no errors in changing or authenticating
> in either after a password change using either.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? Is the krb5EncryptionType attribute
really needed?

If not, does my setup (smbk5pwd overlay) sound reasonable as a backend
for both samba/heimdal?

Thanks,

| Jim Hranicky, Senior SysAdmin                   UF/CISE Department |
| E314D CSE Building                            Phone (352) 392-1499 |
| jfh@cise.ufl.edu                      http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jfh |