Re: Use of different keytabs before gss_acquire_cred

BTW. It works with the MIT libraries.

Markus
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 8:39 PM
Subject: Use of different keytabs before gss_acquire_cred

I have a server program which does the following:

putenv("KRB5_KTNAME=FILE:/etc/my.keytab");
gss_import_name(..);
gss_acquire_cred(..);
gss_accept_sec_context();

The error I get is /etc/krb5.keytab: Permission denied although I changed the environment variable.

GSSAPI Set KRB5_KTNAME=FILE:/etc/my.keytab
GSSAPI Importing service service@server.domain.com
GSSAPI Error major:  Miscellaneous failure (see text)
GSSAPI Error minor: /etc/krb5.keytab: Permission denied
GSSAPI Error: did not accept credential

I looked at the heimdal source and I found that in gss_acquire a get_keytab is called and if gss_krb5_keytab is NULL call krb5_kt_default and I can't find where is ever set to a value.

How is this supposed to work ?

Thanks
Markus