heimdal PKINIT

I'm trying to set up a heimdal kdc, and client with PKINIT support. I
built the 0411 snapshot with pkinit, and went through the configuration
as described at http://people.su.se/~lha/patches/heimdal/pkinit/ but
when I got to trying out kinit, it failed to process the -C option, and
gave me the usage message.

upon examining kinit.c, it apears that the code which handles this
argument is inside an "#ifdef PKINIT" conditional. where is this macro
supposed to be defined? is this supposed to be in
include/config.h(generated by autoconf)?

-Matthew Andrews