Re: heimdal 0.7pre2

Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:
> Miroslav Ruda <ruda@ics.muni.cz> writes:
>

>>Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:
>>
>>>Run "make check" before installing, I've added quite a lot of new test
>>>programs, and some of them might be to restrictive.
>>>Please send bug reports to heimdal-discuss so we don't get lots of
>>>duplicate problems to heimdal-bugs.
>>
>>RSH_BUFSIZE was changed to 5*1024 to be compatible with MIT. However,
>>because 0.4 version of heimdal client was using 16*1024 size, rshd is not
>>able to handle large packets from older client. What about to have
>>shorter RSH_BUFSIZE in client and larger in daemon?
>

> Can you test if this solve the problem ?

Works fine, thanks.

While I was checking rsh/rcp, I have found other incompatibility. When new
version of rcp starts rcp -t on remote side (using rsh), it doesn't set
full path for rcp (as was in 0.4version). Because I have heimdal in
/usr/heimdal, rcp was not found. I understand that rcp on remote side can be
located in different directory, but is there any way how to set PATH for rshd?
Is changing of _PATH_DEFPATH in rsh/rsh_locl.h expected way?

And while looking  into PATH problem, I have found rcp/rcp_lock.h where is
#define _PATH_RSH       "/usr/bin/rsh"

Having heimdal in /usr/heimdal I'm not surprised that remote-to_remote copy
doesn't work:

erebor$ /usr/heimdal/bin/rcp erebor:aa erebor:a
sh: /usr/bin/rsh: No such file or directory
sh: exec: /usr/bin/rsh: cannot execute: No such file or directory

--
                   Mirek Ruda