Problems with Service Principle Unknown and Windows AD.

I am in an environment where I need to be able to authenticate users
against the Win2K Active Directory farm using Kerberos.

I am having trouble getting the Kerberos component
working and get tcpdump shows the linux host receiving a
KRB5KDC_ERR_S_PRINCIPLE_UNKNOWN error message

Right now I have the following setup.

	Application -> saslauthd -> heimdal -> Windows Servers

My understanding of how to set this up is that I must get a service
ticket from Windows using the "ktpass.exe" application and copy this
to /etc/krb5.keytab file on the linux host.  Then I configure saslauthd
to use Heimdal kerberos for Authentication and run the testsaslauthd
program to test.

Are my assumptions about how to set this up correct?  I was unable to
find a definitive guide.

What should I be looking at to debug the principle unknown error
message.  I am fairly certain that I have a valid key from AD in
/etc/krb5.keytab

Here are some files that may be useful:

[libdefaults]
        clockskew = 300