Re: LVS and kerberos

Sorry for not providing enough context.

We are currently using OpenLDAP and Heimdal, and have recently placed several of the OpenLDAP systems behind an LVS cluster ( Linux Virtual System).  To load balance connections to a single IP address across several replicas of the directory.  Heimdal is using ldap to store passwords and ldap is taking advantage of the access to these passwords with the overlay smbk5pwd.

Because the OpenLDAP systems and Heimdal systems are so closely integrated, and we are placing the ldap service in LVS, we figured we would place kerberos there also.

After doing a bit more reading, its doesn't seem possible or even needed, and I was just wondering if anyone else had ever looked at this.
Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Jonathan Higgins
IT R&D Project Manager
Kennesaw State University
jhiggins@kennesaw.edu

"Jonathan Higgins" <jhiggins@kennesaw.edu> writes:

> was wondering if someone had experience with this, or is there a known
> alternative for load balancing kdc's (besides dns round-robin).

I don't know what LVS is, and can't answer the question, but under
what circumstances does load-balancing KDCs become necessary?  I
thought the experience of large universities was that it isn't
normally an issue.