Re: please help with MS AD -> UNIX trust

Hi Douglas,

thanx a lot for replying me! Really!

You are abs. presize saying that I expect user once authenticated in
realm A (Active Directory) to ssh into realm B (Heimdal or MIT) without
supplying his password again based on trust definition between two
realms.

I however doubt a bit in what you saying that the problem is in mapping
of kerberos principal to unix account (if it is that what you mean). I
doubt in it, because in OpenSSH server log I see that

"gssapi-with-mic failed".

At this stage sshd does not do anything with pam or similar. This makes
me to feel bad as I don't understand how "gssapi-with-mic" could fail if

1) user from realm A could obtain ticket form sshd in realm B via trust
definitions between realms A and B.

2) user can ssh into realm B if it logged into realm B directly.

I was looking in internet for information about possible difficulties
when trying to establish trust between UNIX KDC and AD. People write a
lot about salts and supported encription types. I am afraid I am
struggling with something similar ... I however could not find any
"ultimative" guide to what I am trying to do ...

Any suggestion?

Thanx a lot again, vadim tarassov.

--
vadim <vadim.tarassov@swissonline.ch>