Re: 0.7rc2 with mod_auth_kerb 5 rc6

On Jun 7, 2005, at 10:01 AM, Daniel Kouril wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 01:56:17PM -0700, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>> The spnego code in mod_auth_kerb seems to conflict with the related
>> code in the new Heimdal.  As Love suggested, it turns out to be
>> trivial
>> to work around:  just eliminate the spnego code that came with
>> mod_auth_kerb.  ;-)
>
> Could you send me snip of the error messages you're getting? I use the
> module
> with Heimdal without any problems. If I phased out the built-in SPNEGO
> support it would efectively make the module the module unusable with
> older
> releases of Heimdal, not speaking of MIT.

I've been meaning to check, but I think both MIT 1.4.1 and Solaris 10
have spnego in their gssapi libraries now.  If it really is that common
in new implementations, then going forward I think you should disable
your spnego code in favor of what's in the available gssapi library.
Do a configure check.

I'm out of town this week, so it's hard.  I'll try to get to recreate
the problem next week.

>> I don't see any reason why you can't do -c -i -a instead of just -c
>> above.  In theory you should do `/usr/kth/bin/krb5-config --libs` in
>> place of all those options after the -c (except it doesn't include
>> -lgssapi).
>
> krb5-config --libs gssapi ?

Yes.
----