Re: Future of kerberised telnet, login, rsh, ftp?

Hi,

--- Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> wrote:

> writes:
>
>     Ilia> so, I wouldn't consider telnet+pam_krb5 as
> replacement for
>     Ilia> kerberised telnet.
>
> ...but would you consider ssh with builtin support
> for Kerberos
> (whether GSSAPI, SASL, or whatever other acronym you
> care to invent)
> is a replacement for Kerberos telnet?
>
> If the answer is yes, then why do we need to keep
> telnet and telnetd?
>
> If the answer is no, then why not?
>
> Is there anything you can do in telnet that you
> can't do in ssh?

I'm not an expert in these technologies but as far as
can tell, I remember there is this article which
teaches people how to read/send emails using pop/smtp
by just telneting to a specific port, in these case
110/25, I followed the rest of the instructions and it
worked!  but with ssh... I haven't tried yet, perhaps
you would want to :)

http://auctions.yahoo.com/