Re: Smbk5pwd and Heimdal 0.7 not playing nice?

Perry Nguyen wrote:
> [...]

You cannot use two different Kerberos libraries in the same program.

As a general rule, the MIT Kerberos libraries are unsafe for use in
threaded programs. They are known to cause memory leaks and SEGVs when
linked into slapd. These problems do not occur when using the Heimdal
libraries. The OpenLDAP project recommends against using the MIT libraries.

Furthermore, slapd doesn't call any Kerberos library functions itself.
There should be no reason for any Kerberos libraries to be directly
linked to slapd. The only supported use of Kerberos with slapd is
through the SASL GSSAPI mechanism, and that is all handled by Cyrus
SASL, slapd never touches any Kerberos APIs.

--
   -- Howard Chu