Re: afslog behaviour in a cross realm configuration

Hello, Love,

> The "AFS ID" is just the result of getuid(), so that is nothing to
> care about. You should try run afslog -v to see what errors you get
no error, everything seems to work fine, and it happily creates a token for
me:
$ afslog -v
krb5 tried afs/cg.fzk.de@A.FZK.DE -> 0
> You  should also see that error codes you get back from the
> fileserver, check output in dmesg or use tcpdump/ethereal to check
> what errors the fileserver returns in the message.
The tokens is immediately discarded (seen by syslog/dmesg):
afs: Tokens for user of AFS id 7597 for cell cg.fzk.de are discarded (rxkad
error=19270408)
This error translates into an "unknown key version number", which makes me
suspicious that something is going really wrong here... I should not have to
import another key, should I ?

There is another strange thing: each time I do an afslog, I get another new
cross realm ticket granting ticket (right?)
krbtgt/CG.FZK.DE@A.FZK.DE
eg.
$klistredentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_fW9797
        Principal: schwicke@A.FZK.DE

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Aug 24 13:14:54  Aug 24 21:14:44  krbtgt/A.FZK.DE@A.FZK.DE
Aug 24 13:14:54  Aug 24 21:14:44  krbtgt/CG.FZK.DE@A.FZK.DE

$afslog -v
krb5 tried afs/cg.fzk.de@A.FZK.DE -> 0

$klist
Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_fW9797
        Principal: schwicke@A.FZK.DE

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Aug 24 13:14:54  Aug 24 21:14:44  krbtgt/A.FZK.DE@A.FZK.DE
Aug 24 13:14:54  Aug 24 21:14:44  krbtgt/CG.FZK.DE@A.FZK.DE
Aug 24 13:15:45  Aug 24 21:14:44  krbtgt/CG.FZK.DE@A.FZK.DE

aklog, on the other hand, works fine (as I said).

Cheers,
Ulrich

Dr. Ulrich Schwickerath
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe
GRID-Computing and e-Science
Institut for Scientific Computing (IWR)
P.O. Box 36 40
76021 Karlsruhe, Germany

Tel: +49(7247)82-8607
Fax: +49(7247)82-4972

e-mail: ulrich.schwickerath@iwr.fzk.de
PGP DH/DSS Key: ID 0xCEB9826F
Fingerprint: 5537 8473 CD26 507E 8EE2  BAAF 98E2 FD16 CEB9 826F