Re: heimdal 0.6.5 kinit from keytab/srvtab: oddness

On Sep 1, 2005, at 12:58 PM, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> We noticed after upgrading to 0.6.5 that kinit didn't work reliably
> from
> keytabs/srvtabs any more.  Some principals work, others fail.

For anyone else who ever runs into this:

1. for some reason we have krb5.conf entries restricting us to only
krb4-compatible stuff.  (AFS?  Still looking for the reason)

2. gcc 3.2.1 on Solaris sucks.  Horribly.  When I rebuilt heimdal
without optimization (it already was due to afssys.c being
miscompiled) and with debugging and installed it on the KDCs, the
keytab/srvtab problem went away.  (note:  no *client* changes)