Re: Tracing Failures in ASN.1 Stubs and General Heimdal Dev

Michael B Allen <mba2000@ioplex.com> writes:

> Then I sprinkle a few printfs in the code and rebuild and install the
> Heimdal libs like:
>
>   $ make
>   # make install-exec
>
> Can someone recommend a better way to trace failures?

I use rk_dumpfile() from libroken (added recently) and lib/asn1/asn1_print
to debug problem. gdb's "dump memory file-name start-addr stop-addr" is
also useful when using gdb.

> Also, I would like to contribute the attached hexdump.c function that
> generates hexdumps like those depicted above. If Love could find a way
> to include it in the Heimdal source somewhere I think people might find
> such a thing useful when debugging.

I think it can be useful when pretty pretting octet/integer/bitstring data
From asn1_print. Need time I'm modifying asn1_print I might add it.

Love

PGP signature