Re: Mechglue

On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 22:55 -0400, Michael B Allen wrote:

> 3) This one's a little CIFS specific but the
> spnego/accept_sec_context.c:send_supported_mechs function sends
> the quark$@FOO.NET style name in negHints but I see Samba returns
> cifs/quark.foo.net@FOO.NET. What is the difference between these service
> principal types? Is the first NetBIOS based (port 139 only) and the
> other DNS based (port 445 only)?

Samba3 did send the previous form, matching windows until very recently,
when I changed it, because only samba clients read that feild, I thought
it gave better behaviour on the network.  I didn't intend it to get into
the release, but once it was in it was decided it wasn't doing any harm.

Samba4 again matches windows and sends the former form, but does not use
that value in the client.

Andrew Bartlett

This is a digitally signed message part