Way to get tickets

Hi all!!!
Sorry for (maybe) stupid questions, but anyway:

Our KDC is win2k3 server. We have a web server, that authenticate
users with Kerberos.
So, when user connects to web resource (apache web server) from our
LAN, no credentials asked. But, when he connects to this server from
outside world, it fallbacks to Basic auth. So we'd like to avoid this.

So, is it possible to travel for ticket from KDC to web browser (I
mean standard or least painful mechanisms)?

Thanks a lot
S.