Re: No GSSAPI Output Token without GSS_C_MUTUAL_FLAG

Nevermind. From RFC1964:

1.1.2. Response Tokens

   A context establishment sequence based on the Kerberos V5 mechanism
   will perform one-way authentication (without confirmation or any
   return token from target to initiator in response to the initiator's
   KRB_AP_REQ) if the mutual_req bit is not set in the application's
   call to GSS_Init_sec_context().

So the answer is no, no AP-REP is to be sent if mutual is not requested.

The odd thing is smbclient doesn't request mutual. I guess Windows doesn't
honor this bit or obviously it wouldn't work. Err.

Mike