Re: still can't authenticate using krb5-telnet to cisco 7206

Dave Love <d.love@dl.ac.uk> wrote:
Johan Danielsson writes:

> MD4 was (IIRC) implemented differently in MIT (maybe still is),

MIT is compatible with Heimdal (or vice versa) as far as I can tell,
but Solaris just doesn't have md4 which Heimdal demands.

> and I think the code Cisco uses is really old.

Hmm...

> I haven't tried against a Cisco since I wrote the chapter in the
> manual, and if there's anything that's incorrect or unclear we'd love
> to hear about it.

Sorry, I didn't realize this was referring to the manual, and I don't
know anything about it. I just thought it was worth checking if the
symptom had the same cause as with Solaris.
Still got these using either mit or heimdal's telnet version! ...

RCVD WONT ENCRYPT

*** Connection not encrypted! Communication may be eavesdropped. ***
RCVD DONT ENCRYPT

Server refused to negotiate encryption.

Anymore idea??
thanks.