Re: "Server unknown" error

Hello.

> This is the name of the service you are trying to use.  Client and
> server need to agree on it and it is "ldap" if the service is an ldap
> server using gssapi.  If you want to change it to "db" then you need
> to rewrite both your ldap server and all your ldap clients.  (Don't
> think you want to do this.)

Thank you for the clarification.

But, is it always the case for client-server applications, that the
principal name (or part of it) is hard-coded?  I just thought that
it might have been given as a configurable option (like the "-p"
option to e.g. "kadmin"), or is there some good reason for not doing
so?

Best regards,
Gilles