Re: Remote kadmin not working on 0.7.2

On Feb 27, 2006, at 8:58 PM, Joakim Fallsjo wrote:

> "Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
>
>> On Feb 27, 2006, at 11:59 AM, Joakim Fallsjo wrote:
>>

>>> Is this on Solaris compiled under Sun studio 11?
>>> There is a bug that breaks the aes code in openssl on sparc, get
>>> patch 120760-02 or newer.
>> Solaris 9
>> gcc 4.0.1
>>
>> I'll check out the patch though.
>
> Oh, okay, the patch is for the Sun studio compiler only.
>
> Does your OpenSSL pass the selftest, thats how I (and other) found
> that the Studio Compiler was broken :-(

I'm sure this version of OpenSSL has passed on Solaris 9 with some
gcc, but I can't recall if I did the self test on this build before I
transplanted it to the test machines.

In any case I found the problem:  Seems that running kadmind from
inetd is deprecated.  It works if you delete all command line options
from inetd.conf and if you include the acl_file = entry in
kdc.conf.  At least those changes got it working for me.

----