Re: EVP_CipherUpdate et al

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:37:36 +0200
Love Hörnquist Åstrand <lha@kth.se> wrote:

> Michael B Allen <mba2000@ioplex.com> writes:
>
> > I need some generic encryption decryption capability for some code
> > that already links with heimdal and thus libhcrypto. I was hoping to
> > leverage existing routines in hcrypto but simple attempts to link yield
> > errors regarding the lack of EVP_CipherUpdate and EVP_CipherFinal_ex. Can
> > someone give me a pointer to use those functions or equivalent? Otherwise
> > is there any disadvantage to switching to --with-openssl?
>
> hcrypto have a openssl compatible interface, so you code should work just
> fine with both openssl and hcrypto.

Indeed it does. Thanks.

Is there a detailed reference for the crypto interface or are the openssl
man pages the definitive reference? It took some trial and error and
guesswork to determine that the EVP_Cipher routine wanted data padded
to a 16 byte boundry.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Extension for SSO w/ Windows Group Authorization