Re: pkinit integration with smart card

I have gotten the Heimdal to work with other OpenSC supported cards.

It could be that the card says it has the CKM_RSA_PKCS but really does
not or the pkcs11 lib is simulating CKM_RSA_PKCS and is having problems
doing the padding.  It might be possible to use the CKM_RSA_X_509 (raw)
mechanisum, by doing the PKCS padding first, then calling the C_Sign
functions.

Could also be that the pkcs11 is expecting the pSignature and pSignatureLen
to be set correctly, i.e. for a 1024 key, to a 128 byte buffer, and it is
returing the wrong error code.

If you can use the OpenSC spy, can you use the pkcs11-tool as well
pointing it at your PKCS11( -module <sharedlib>)? What mechanisums does
it say it has?

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory