Re: &bet;&nun;&vav;&shin;&alef;: kadmin talkingtoldapiproblem

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 00:03 -0800, Howard Chu wrote:
Kent Nasveschuk wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 22:42 -0800, Howard Chu wrote:
>> Kent Nasveschuk wrote:

>> Once the info is in LDAP, it doesn't matter where it came from. Why in
>> the world would you think that Heimdal doesn't work with syncrepl?
>>
> I know syncrepl will work with the LDAP side, how do I replicate KDCs
> with LDAP backend?
So the KDC slave propagates changes to the master KDC
Master writes changes to LDAP
syncrepl replicates changes from master to LDAP slaves
KDC slaves see changes on LDAP backend

Do I have that right?

This is no different than any other LDAP replication scenario. Set up a
slapd slave wherever you want to run a replicated KDC. Use chaining to
forward KDC writes on the slaves up to the master.