Re: Current State of Multiple-Realm Support

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 05:19:04PM -0800, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> IIRC the situation with Heimdal and MIT is similar:  you can serve
> multiple realms from a single kdc, but you need to split the kadmin/
> kpasswd/iprop support to different ports (or different machines) for
> each realm.

kadmin/kpasswdd can serve multiple realms simultaneously just fine (just
make sure to add all realms to default_realm in the [libdefaults]
section of krb5.conf on the KDC); I do not use iprop so I do not know
it's status.

For 0.7.2, you need the two patches I sent to the list in May to get
multi-realm working; I haven't tried the would-be 0.8 yet.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences