Re: KRB5_CONFIG for "make check"

> Define "non-existing"?
>
> It's a "reserved" domain, per RFC 2606 / BCP 32.  But it's reserved for
> use as an example, not for testing purposes.

As you said. Reserved as example, not to be used for testing.

> When you special-case domains, you create new code-paths which need
> their own debugging, adding their own complexity and causing more
> problems if it's a domain which anyone else might legitimately (or not)
> be trying to use.

I'm suggesting to special-case a realm name that corresponds to a domain

> Theres nothing keeping a software author from using a sub-domain of one
> of their own domains as a realm for testing purposes.  DUMMY.PDC.KTH.SE
> or somesuch.

Yes, sure, I don't understand what that has to do with EXAMPLE.COM which
comes in the way of Heimdal to correctly determine the local realm from
other mechanisms than a config file from anothet packet.

> End of problem -- anyone from another organisation has no rights to use
> names which have been delegated to "your" ownership in a federated
> naming system.

Eh? That's not the problem.

Harald.