Re: memory leak in krb5_rd_cred

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:35:53 -0800
"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> I don't suppose there is a comparable issue with krb5_rd_req?

Not that I can see. The krb5_rd_req function is totally different and
all the krb5_decrypt_EncryptedData products in rd_req.c look like they're
cleaned up.

> I have
> an app with a slow leak that uses it, but I can't be sure it doesn't
> have to do with funny linking conflicts or external issues.  The leak
> goes away if I link against Sun Kerberos, but I'm not supposed to do
> that. ;-)

Tried valgrind? That's how I found this leak in the first place.

As for linking conflicts we have had good results using
-Wl,--version-script=export.ld on Linux to only export symbols used by
our app. Not sure if Solaris does symbol versioning but I'd be curious
to know if it does and how it's done.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen