SSO (Kerberos), samba and windows XP desktop

Dear gentleman,

I have managed to get my windows XP dekstop supporting kerberos
authentication. Within the logon interface, i select my kerberos realm
domain and authentication is performed through it.

Right now i am planning to incorporate this standalone box in a samba
domain. Since samba provides a domain by its own, i do not know how
retrieve only user information from the samba server and still
authenticating through kerberos. Because in order to do so, i am
required to select the samba domain within the logon interface.

I would like a windows environment much like the unix system can have
the centralized user information managed by nis, but authentication
performed by a kerberos server. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.