[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Heimdal to LDAP integration
I have the following scenario:
1) I have a corporate LDAP to which I can bind, but cannot change at all.
2) I have a 100 unix/linux machines that are associated to projects
I would like to have a way to authenicate all my machines using the password on the corporate directory, but I can't touch it. What I was thinking in doing was:
1) Setup Heimdal Kerberos to authenticate users on my machines
2) Associate a Kerberos Principal to a LDAP DN
3) When an authentication is required on Kerberos, it will map to a DN and attempt a bind.
I've seen several howtos, describing how to link Kerberos and LDAP, but all assume I can shape the LDAP as needed. This IS NOT my case, I can't touch the LDAP.
Is there a way to do this (we may code in C for this)?
What is the best way to solve this?
Thanks in advance,