Re: Was a smartcard used to get the ticket?

On Aug 9, 2007, at 2:02 PM, Leif Johansson wrote:

> Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Wish I had been able to listen in to the IETF discussion.  The
>> meeting
>> notes are a bit skimpy.
>>

> One mechanism that was discussed was to use SAML authentication
> contexts to
> communicate information about how the authentication was done.
> Would that
> carry enough information to solve the problem for you?
>
>     Cheers Leif

Most likely.  OTOH I can't have the KDC waiting on an external SAML
engine to provide the extra bit of authZ info before issuing a ticket.

There's a certain simplicity to the idea of just copying the original
authN cert that I like.  In a sense that does nothing to solve the
problem.  OTOH maybe that's a good thing since complex authZ
decisions usually need to be made close to the specific service
rather than centrally in my experience.