libdefaults for ticket_lifetime is not honoured

Hi,

Working with heimdal 1.0.1 (linux 2.6.20).  In order to get tickets
using the following function call:
krb5_get_init_creds_password(ctx, my_creds, me, ppass, 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL);

The last parameter should specify 'options' and it is mentioned that
setting it to NULL means using the default options.
krb5.conf has ticket_lifetime=43200, but when using this function
brings tickets valid only for 10 hours.
On the other hand, running, say, kinit indeed brings ticket with 12
hour lifetime.

How do I get ticket with lifetime defined in krb5.conf?
--
Zaar