Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Re: MEMORY credential cache interop between Heimdal and MIT?

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 08:47:22AM -0400, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> - It seems like all of these schemes were originally designed for processes
>   that were tightly coupled; they weren't designed to work across a login
>   session.  They work, but they feel ... fragile, somehow.

I guess I don't understand what this means.  A process is either related
to another process or it's not.  When you say "loosely coupled", what
exactly do you want?

> Anyway, Thor, you could easily prove me wrong and simply WRITE the mmap()
> credential cache yourself.

But you use the MIT implementation, right?  I would not work on the guts
of MIT Kerberos again for all the tea in China.

Thor