Re: Heimdal 1.1

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 07:49 -0800, Love Hörnquist Åstrand wrote:
> All night tinkering, thinking the ice thicker.
>
> Heimdal have a new website:
>
>         http://www.h5l.org/
>
> You can find the source code here:
>
> 	http://www.h5l.org/dist/src/heimdal-1.1.tar.gz
>
> Binary package for Mac OS X
>
> 	http://www.h5l.org/dist/src/heimdal-1.1.dmg
>
> Changes in release 1.1
>
>   * Read-only PKCS11 provider built-in to hx509.
>
>   * Documentation for hx509, hcrypto and ntlm libraries improved.
>
>   * Better compatibilty with Windows 2008 Server pre-releases and Vista.
>
>   * Mac OS X 10.5 support for native credential cache.
>
>   * Provide pkg-config file for Heimdal (heimdal-gssapi.pc).
>
>   * Bug fixes.
>
> Thanks to those reporting bugs.

I've not been doing much with Heimdal for the past few months, basiclly
because it has been working so well!  I'll look into doing a resync
between Samba4 and this release.

Aside from the very good reasons listed above, is there anything else I
should look out for?

But my main question is:  What can we do to get the last of the diff
figured out?  If we are going to aim for Samba4 in debian, it would past
muster much quicker if we just link to (possibly very version
constrained) system libs.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett