Re: kdc.conf

17 mar 2008 kl. 00.52 skrev Brian May:

> Hello,
>
> The location of kdc.conf seems to be hard coded in a number of
> places within the code:
>
> ./kadmin/kadmind.c:    asprintf(&config_file, "%s/kdc.conf",
> hdb_db_dir(context));
> ./kadmin/kadmin.c:    asprintf(&config_file, "%s/kdc.conf",
> hdb_db_dir(context));
> ./kdc/config.c:        asprintf(&config_file, "%s/kdc.conf",
> hdb_db_dir(context));
> ./kpasswd/kpasswdd.c:    asprintf(&config_file, "%s/kdc.conf",
> hdb_db_dir(context));
> ./lib/kadm5/iprop-log.c:    asprintf(&file, "%s/kdc.conf",
> hdb_db_dir(context));
> ./lib/kadm5/ipropd_slave.c:    asprintf(&config_file, "%s/kdc.conf",
> hdb_db_dir(context));
> ./lib/kadm5/ipropd_master.c:    asprintf(&config_file, "%s/
> kdc.conf", hdb_db_dir(context));
>
> Just to name some of the ones I have noticed now.
>
> In the past I have had bug reports that kdc.conf should go under /
> etc, see:
> <http://bugs.debian.org/351960>.
>
> However I would rather not have to go through the code and patch
> every individual occurrence, to fix
> <http://bugs.debian.org/470404>.

The kdc reads both krb5.conf and kdc.conf, so there is already a
configuration file in /etc (krb5.conf) that the users can use.

The konfiguration file in dbdir follows the database, and I would
prefere to have the configuration in the database, and that way get
the same configuration on all kdc machines.

Love