OpenLDAP Backend Guide?

Hi,

I'm looking to setup Heimdal with an OpenLDAP backend to use with a new
OpenAFS deployment. Most of the guides/howtos I have found reference old
versions of OpenLDAP (2.0, 2.1, etc...current stable is 2.3) and older
version of Heimdal. Is there a current guide out there? Or can anyone
confirm that the steps listed in the heimdal documetation is still current?
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

http://www.h5l.org/manual/heimdal-1-1-branch/info/heimdal.html#Using-LDAP-to-store-the-database

Also, is anyone here using a combination of Heimdal, OpenLDAP, Samba w/LDAP
& OpenAFS. I would love to hear any feedback about this sort of setup...

--Bill