Re: kx does not work in default OSX X11 environment

On 2008 May 27, at 14:19, Harald Barth wrote:
> it works. So why sets the MacOSX the DISPLAY variable in such a
> strange way, why do other MacOSX programs not bother an why does kx
> not work as the other MaxOSX programs?

launchd does that so it can automatically start X11.app and then relay
stuff to :0.

I don't know how this is supposed to work out, x11-
users@lists.apple.com would be a good place to ask.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu