[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Improving File System Storage Efficiency with Unified Storage
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Improving File System Storage Efficiency with Unified Storage
- From: "Dell/EMC" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:25:55 +0100
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=simple; d=angelbc.com;s=eshot; firstname.lastname@example.org; h=From:To:Reply-To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:X-eshot:X-VirtualServerGroup:List-Unsubscribe:MIME-Version:Content-Type; bh=gy3BtAPUhaHzjHse7YwWsHx9tUs=; b=kNyuAPbOPuwvXP0Cf5fSw4bmLdP3oOSx+s9IxLqLe8s/JpfiChPu0C6r1ur4wyP6LdXS54K4/l5QHdQU8WkZDK/ysNKhw7AMqOiCmm0FC2okk1p68QCm1bWQA+51vJZoPmta5ugQQSf3b0aynlIOtnRMMlOPcIcuR20m/lsgTP8=
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1;c=nofws;s=eshot;d=angelbc.com;q=dns;b=QCVkVO9VKnhcEvz2d9Zqhx117FE5Vge7Kyw059Vyac0Yp19pIziRf5NMPztaThU7+4gQkOQBSWKay7YGk7wKOTT1HQw0ASHKxtmIraMH5c6yvFD4sncXNDR+Xj9lPyLjpgL5yhdkwPTfAFu3TeiqR17ev6FweUuFAD2rWUu3ARM=
- List-Unsubscribe: <http://control.e-shot.org/ManageProfile/UnsubscribeNow.asp?6RHGISwetbylk926xbN1%3F>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
IDC White Paper: Improving File System Storage Efficiency with Unified Storage
IT organizations of all sizes are struggling to deal with the tremendous growth in data of all types, especially file-based, unstructured data. Even in difficult economic times, the number of digital applications and the amount of data they create continue to grow at a rapid pace. IDC forecasts that more than 75% of all new disk storage capacity snipped will be consumed by file-based, unstructured data in 2012. Managing all these files is becoming a bigger task for storage administrators.
Unified storage is one of the technologies that IT managers are using to improve their storage efficiency as well as to improve business flexibility and lower the total cost of storage. The benefits of unified storage include:
- Unified block- and file-level storage through SAN, NAS, and iSCSI interfaces, allowing storage administrators to consolidate multiple workloads onto a single storage platform
- Advanced software features for provisioning, data protection, and system management that improve storage efficiencies and utilization rates and simplify management
- Multiple tiers of disk to provide cost-effective storage of files at various stages of their life cycle
- Integrated hardware and software solutions (often in the form of appliances) that simplify the implementation
Download it here >>>
This message was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; We hope you found it relevant. However, if you'd rather not receive future e-mails from us, please visit the opt-out link by clicking unsubscribe
Angel Business Communications. 6 Bow Court, Fletchworth Gate, Burnsall Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV5 6SP.
Registered in England & Wales with number 1972952.