G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.

Google is not affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content.
These search terms have been highlighted: levitte programming

Archive-Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 22:27:24 +0200
Sender: <owner-Free-VMS@lp.se>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 22:27:18 +0200
From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <levitte@lp.se>
To: mailrobot@bahnhof.se
CC: LeViMS@lp.se

subscribe trafik LeViMS@lp.se
Archive-Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 22:50:10 +0200
Sender: <owner-Free-VMS@lp.se>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 22:50:06 +0200
From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <levitte@lp.se>
To: free-vms@lp.se
Subject: Oooooops!

   subscribe trafik LeViMS@lp.se

That's a big oops, but not "the same as usual".  You see, there was an
alias from LeViMS@lp.se to free-vms@lp.se at one place (in MX)...  I had
forgotten that, and since people nowadays refer to ME as LeViMS@lp.se
rather than to Free-VMS, I added an alias from LeViMS to levitte at
another place (in VMS MAIL)...  Since the old alias was processed before
the new one, the subscription above was CC:'d to this list rather than
directly to me.

I have now removed the old alias, so the "trafik" list won't be bombarded
with bounces...

--
R Levitte, Levitte Programming;  Spannv. 38, I;  S-161 43  Bromma;  SWEDEN
      Tel: +46-8-26 52 47;  Cel: +46-10-222 64 05;  No fax right now
Sender: <owner-Free-VMS@lp.se>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 23:11:00 -0500
From: Dale Lobb <DLobb@bryan.org>
To: Free-VMS@lp.se
Subject: Free Hobbyist OpenVMS Vax 6.1 license

 Has everyone heard about the free hobbyist license for
OpenVMS VAX 6.1?  Any comments?  If you haven't heard,
check out the info-VAX mailing list or comp.os.vms. The
announcement was just yesterday...

==============================
Dale T. Lobb
Programmer Analyst
Bryan Memorial Hospital
work email: dlobb@bryan.org
home email: lordgeep@inetnebr.com
===============================

Archive-Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 15:09:26 +0200
Sender: <owner-Free-VMS@lp.se>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 09:08:51 -0400
From: Jim Kingdon <kingdonc@harvey.cyclic.com>
To: Free-VMS@lp.se
Subject: Re: Free Hobbyist OpenVMS Vax 6.1 license

>  Has everyone heard about the free hobbyist license for
> OpenVMS VAX 6.1?  Any comments?

I have now :-).  See http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist/ for more
information.

A few details:

* Non-commercial use only.

* No source code.

* Does not include VMS 7.x, just 6.1 and some other older versions.

The hobbyist license isn't a bad thing, but it is well short of what
we have been hoping to accomplish with Free-VMS.  On the other hand,
it exists and Free-VMS is vapor...
Archive-Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 04:01:46 +0200
Sender: <owner-Free-VMS@lp.se>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 18:59:16 -0700
To: Free-VMS@lp.se
From: John Mee <jmee@ns.net>

At 23:11 5/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
> Has everyone heard about the free hobbyist license for
>OpenVMS VAX 6.1?  Any comments?  If you haven't heard,
>check out the info-VAX mailing list or comp.os.vms. The
>announcement was just yesterday...

I can't find anything on it on the comp.os.vms newsgroup. Are you sure about
it? Do you have a reference or contact for somebody to call at Digital?

Archive-Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 15:03:45 +0200
Sender: <owner-Free-VMS@lp.se>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 13:59:39 +0100
From: Roy Omond <Roy.Omond@ebi.ac.uk>
To: Free-VMS@lp.se

>>  Has everyone heard about the free hobbyist license for
>> OpenVMS VAX 6.1?  Any comments?

>I have now :-).  See http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist/ for more
>information.

>A few details:

>* Non-commercial use only.

>* No source code.

>* Does not include VMS 7.x, just 6.1 and some other older versions.

One more "minor" detail:  you have to be a member of US DECUS.

This would appear to preclude non-USofA people, which is rather,
ahem, unfortunate.

Roy Omond
Digital SMO (software support onsite at SmithKline Beecham, Harlow, UK).
(obviously not speaking for Digital)
Archive-Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 16:19:25 +0200
Sender: <owner-Free-VMS@lp.se>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 16:18:56 +0200
From: Christof Zeile <christof.zeile@ins.uni-stuttgart.de>
To: Free-VMS@lp.se

Roy Omond wrote:

> One more "minor" detail:  you have to be a member of US DECUS.
>
> This would appear to preclude non-USofA people, which is rather,
> ahem, unfortunate.

I agree, but perhaps Digital will also make this license
available to members of other DECUS chapters. Hopefully
Digital's horizon is not limited to the border of the
United States ...

There are some more Europeans on this list.
Does anybody know about non-US DECUS activities
concerning the hobbyist license?

Sorry - now I have got off-topic, this list is
Free-VMS.