G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.

Google is not affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content.
These terms only appear in links pointing to this page: ftp

Archive-Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 16:34:34 +0100
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:34:35 -0500
From: Jim Kingdon <kingdonc@cyclic.com>
To: Free-VMS@lp.se
Subject: Time routines available; ODS2 filesystem

Paul Nankervis has supplied some Time routines (SYS$BINTIM,
LIB$CVT_VECTIM, &c) for you to download and try out if so inclined.

He also mentioned in passing that he is working on an ODS2 filesystem.

I've added news on both issues to my Free-VMS web page at:
    http://www.cyclic.com/~kingdon/free-vms.html
Archive-Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 17:47:29 +0100
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:34:35 -0500
From: Jim Kingdon <kingdonc@cyclic.com>
To: Free-VMS@lp.se

Paul Nankervis has supplied some Time routines (SYS$BINTIM,
LIB$CVT_VECTIM, &c) for you to download and try out if so inclined.

He also mentioned in passing that he is working on an ODS2 filesystem.

I've added news on both issues to my Free-VMS web page at:
    http://www.cyclic.com/~kingdon/free-vms.html

Archive-Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:18:03 +0100
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:34:35 -0500
From: Jim Kingdon <kingdonc@cyclic.com>
To: Free-VMS@lp.se

Paul Nankervis has supplied some Time routines (SYS$BINTIM,
LIB$CVT_VECTIM, &c) for you to download and try out if so inclined.

He also mentioned in passing that he is working on an ODS2 filesystem.

I've added news on both issues to my Free-VMS web page at:
    http://www.cyclic.com/~kingdon/free-vms.html

Archive-Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 21:58:45 +0100
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:01:39 -0700
To: Free-VMS@lp.se
From: Kevin Handy <kth@srv.net>
Subject: Re: Time routines available; ODS2 filesystem

At 10:34 AM 2/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Paul Nankervis has supplied some Time routines (SYS$BINTIM,
>LIB$CVT_VECTIM, &c) for you to download and try out if so inclined.
>
>He also mentioned in passing that he is working on an ODS2 filesystem.
>
>I've added news on both issues to my Free-VMS web page at:
>    http://www.cyclic.com/~kingdon/free-vms.html

I've merged in these routines to the STR library on my web page,
and made a few modifications to them

        - Broke them into individual files
        - Modified to use 'lib$routines' and 'sys$routines' header files,
          which I got off of a VMS/GNUC version somewhere. (Required
          changing the parameters of some functions to be changed)
        - Changed the names to include the '$' in the name instead of
          using a '#define' to translate them.
        - Modified sys$gettim to look at 'timezone'.

These are mostly untested, and I've probibly added many bugs with
my changes, but I thought I'd get a preliminary version out for
everyone to play with, since I may not get any spare time for a
wile to test everything out.

Available at:

        http://srv.net/~kth

as 'str.tgz'. This includes a couple of bug-fixes and several
new functions (all untested of course). Compiles and can be used
on a Linux/Intel system.

Next version will probibly be called 'starlet.tgz', because
It's getting a lot of non 'STR$' functions in it.
Kevin Handy  kth@srv.net         Accounting Software for
Software Solutions. Inc.         VAX/VMS Computer Systems
Idaho Falls, Idaho

Archive-Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 23:07:36 +0100
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:01:39 -0700
To: Free-VMS@lp.se
From: Kevin Handy <kth@srv.net>

At 10:34 AM 2/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Paul Nankervis has supplied some Time routines (SYS$BINTIM,
>LIB$CVT_VECTIM, &c) for you to download and try out if so inclined.
>
>He also mentioned in passing that he is working on an ODS2 filesystem.
>
>I've added news on both issues to my Free-VMS web page at:
>    http://www.cyclic.com/~kingdon/free-vms.html

I've merged in these routines to the STR library on my web page,
and made a few modifications to them

        - Broke them into individual files
        - Modified to use 'lib$routines' and 'sys$routines' header files,
          which I got off of a VMS/GNUC version somewhere. (Required
          changing the parameters of some functions to be changed)
        - Changed the names to include the '$' in the name instead of
          using a '#define' to translate them.
        - Modified sys$gettim to look at 'timezone'.

These are mostly untested, and I've probibly added many bugs with
my changes, but I thought I'd get a preliminary version out for
everyone to play with, since I may not get any spare time for a
wile to test everything out.

Available at:

        http://srv.net/~kth

as 'str.tgz'. This includes a couple of bug-fixes and several
new functions (all untested of course). Compiles and can be used
on a Linux/Intel system.

Next version will probibly be called 'starlet.tgz', because
It's getting a lot of non 'STR$' functions in it.
Kevin Handy  kth@srv.net         Accounting Software for
Software Solutions. Inc.         VAX/VMS Computer Systems
Idaho Falls, Idaho

Archive-Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 01:22:55 +0100
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 19:23:25 -0500
From: Jim Kingdon <kingdonc@cyclic.com>
To: Free-VMS@lp.se

> I've merged in these routines to the STR library on my web page

OK, makes sense to have such things in one place.

I've imported your STR library into CVS so that people can browse it
on the web.  See
    http://www.cyclic.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb/kingdon/starlet/
Archive-Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 02:03:06 +0100
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 19:23:25 -0500
From: Jim Kingdon <kingdonc@cyclic.com>
To: Free-VMS@lp.se