G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.

Google is not affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content.
These search terms have been highlighted: levitte programming

Archive-Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:17:58 +0200
Date: Wed,  7 Apr 1999 14:17:52 +0200
From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <levitte@lp.se>
To: announce@free.lp.se
Subject: Late ANN: OpenSSL 0.9.2b-RL

On March 22nd [1] I released, but forgot to announce, the availability of
OpenSSL 0.9.2b-RL, which is Robert Byer's and my port of OpenSSL 0.9.2b.
It compiles cleanly on the four platforms I currently have more or less
constant access to.

If you have applications that use LIBCRYPTO.OLB (the crypto library) or
LIBSSL.OLB (the SSL library), you will have to recompile them, not just
relink.  The reason is a bunch of changes in the RSA code and in the BN
code, among others to the API (RSA_generate_key() and BN_mul() take an
extra non-optional argument each), as well as changes to some macro
values (RSA-related).

Also, be aware that a possible security hole has been found in the
session cache of the SSL library.  This has existed since there was a
session cache (0.8.1a has it).  OpenSSL 0.9.2b and 0.9.2b-RL contains a
fix for this.

For further reference, see:

http://www.free.lp.se/openssl/
http://www.free.lp.se/openssl/securityalert-19990322.txt

-----
[1] This was the same day OpenSSL 0.9.2b was released.  I was but a
    couple of hours behind :-).

--
R Levitte, Levitte Programming;  Spannv. 38, I;  S-168 35  Bromma;  SWEDEN
    Tel: +46-8-26 52 47; Cell: +46-708-26 53 44; Fax: +46-708-26 53 88

          "price, performance, quality.  Choose any two you like"