G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.

Google is not affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content.
These search terms have been highlighted: levitte programming

Archive-Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:53:29 +0200
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:11:20 +0200
From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <levitte@lp.se> (by way of levitte@lp.se)
To: VMS-SSH@alpha.sggw.waw.pl, INFO-VAX@mvb.saic.com
Subject: RELEASE: FISH 0.6

Hello,

After a period with not too many reports, I'm releasing FISH version 0.6.
Compared to 0.6 beta1, this contains just a few bug fixes.

FISH is a ssh client for VMS with an increasing amount of features:

        - A user interface that ressembles RSH (UCX variant) a lot.
        - Ciphers: IDEA, 3DES, DES, RC4, Blowfish.
        - Authentication: rhosts, RSA, password. TIS authentication is
          also implemented, but not at all tested.
        - Host key verification through the KNOWN_HOSTS.DAT file.
        - Identity file creation and update with full control on amount
          of RSA bits, cipher used to encrypt the private part and so on.
        - Choice of identity file to use.
        - Packet compression (using zlib).
        - Input and output from and to files. Binary as well as text
          mode.
        - Forced pty allocation.

The kit is available as ftp://ftp.lp.se/vms/fish006.zip
(full kit with binary libraries, all you need is to link) or
ftp://ftp.lp.se/vms/fish006_src.zip (source only).

Please read AAAREADME.TXT and INSTALL.TXT for installation instructions.

If you are interested in this program, please keep an eye on
http://www.free.lp.se/fish/.  I intend to write a tutorial on
how to use the identity files and what to put where on Unix and
with Dave Jones' SSH server.

I'll probably add the possibility to communicate through a HTTP proxy in
the near future, using the HTTP command CONNECT.  I'd need a live proxy
system somewhere that I could use to test this feature on (I do not
intend to set up a proxy myself).  Is there one that someone could let me
use?

Further on, I'll work on a new I/O model in FISH, probably based around a
central message queue.  This will allow me to add two important features:
port and X11 forwarding.

Thank you.

--
R Levitte, Levitte Programming;  Spannv. 38, I;  S-168 35  Bromma;  SWEDEN
    Tel: +46-8-26 52 47; Cell: +46-708-26 53 44; Fax: +46-708-26 53 88

          "price, performance, quality.  Choose any two you like"