G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.

Google is not affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content.
These search terms have been highlighted: levitte

Archive-Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 23:32:36 +0200
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 17:30:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
Subject: Mosaic V3.3 now available
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG
CC: COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

Release 3.3 of VMS Mosaic is now available at

    ftp://alpha.wvnet.edu/mosaic/mosaic3_3.zip

It includes the following changes since release 3.2:
 o Restored support for Postscript printing
 o Added VMS directory browsing
 o Added support for ALT text with delayed and broken images
 o Added preallocation of memory for markup and formatting elements
 o Added support for NOWRAP in <TABLE> tags
 o Updated the Navigate menu with various search engines
 o Changed temporary file names to be Mosaic specific
 o Corrected several memory and temporary file leaks
 o Improved support for italic fonts in headers
 o Improved support for keyboardFocusPolicy = explicit
 o Various bug fixes

The major change is support for Postscript printing.  The printing
of pages with tables is fully supported.

George
Archive-Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 20:30:18 +0200
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 14:29:46 -0500 (EST)
From: CLARK%TRWSOG@stsci.edu
Subject: Re: Mosaic V3.3 now available
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG

Thank you so very much for fixing PS printing in Mosaic 3.3.
It looks great now!!!!

Kerry Clark
CSC
Space Telescope Science Institute
Archive-Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 23:40:47 +0200
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 23:40:31 +0200 (METDST)
From: Tim Adye <adye@mail.cern.ch>
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG
Subject: Mosaic 3.3 crash

Hi George and friends,

Thank you for all your hard work keeping VMS Mosaic alive and improving.

I just downloaded Mosaic 3.3 and all the correction files. Unfortunately I
got a crash when I tried to start it (Alpha/VMS 6.2). I tracked this down
to gui.c:parse_slabinfo and the fact that I had changed the GuiLayout
default in [.src]Xresources.h. It obviously didn't like the fact that
parse_slabinfo was modifying the default value. Making parse_slabinfo use
a copy of its parameter kept it happy (though this probably isn't the best
way of fixing this problem).

Regards,
Tim.

Archive-Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 09:21:55 +0200
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 03:10:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
Subject: Re: Mosaic 3.3 crash
To: Tim Adye <adye@mail.cern.ch>
CC: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

>I just downloaded Mosaic 3.3 and all the correction files. Unfortunately I
>got a crash when I tried to start it (Alpha/VMS 6.2). I tracked this down
>to gui.c:parse_slabinfo and the fact that I had changed the GuiLayout
>default in [.src]Xresources.h. It obviously didn't like the fact that
>parse_slabinfo was modifying the default value. Making parse_slabinfo use
>a copy of its parameter kept it happy (though this probably isn't the best
>way of fixing this problem).

I put a corrected GUI.C in the anonymous ftp directory on alpha.wvnet.edu.
BTW, the best way to change items like GuiLayout is to enable preferences
and edit the preference file (MOSAIC.PREFERENCES).

George
Archive-Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 19:53:36 +0200
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 19:53:26 +0200 (METDST)
From: Tim Adye <adye@mail.cern.ch>
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG

> I put a corrected GUI.C in the anonymous ftp directory on alpha.wvnet.edu.

Thanks. Problem solved.

> BTW, the best way to change items like GuiLayout is to enable preferences
> and edit the preference file (MOSAIC.PREFERENCES).

I wanted to compile it in so everyone would get this change by default. Of
course they can then override the setting by editing MOSAIC.PREFERENCES.

Thanks,
Tim.