G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.

Google is not affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content.
These search terms have been highlighted: levitte

Archive-Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:32:52 +0200
From: "Brian Tillman" <tillman@swdev.si.com>
To: "Mosaic Support" <vms-mosaic@levitte.org>
Subject: Cookies
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:30:36 -0400

I have a question about cookies.  Is there a setting of the "Enable
cookies/Accept all cookies" pair that will allow Mosaic to prompt for
whether or not a cookie will be accepted.  From my limited testing, the
combinations of "cookies disabled/accept all cookies disabled" and "cookies
enabled/accept all cookies disabled" appear to work identically (i.e.,
cookies are rejected).  I would have thought the latter combination would
cause Mosaic to prompt for acceptance.

 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS      Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company

Archive-Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:34:48 +0200
From: "Brian Tillman" <tillman@swdev.si.com>
To: "Mosaic Support" <vms-mosaic@levitte.org>
Subject: Cookie request
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:32:48 -0400

Would it be possible for the cookie settings to be included in the
"Preferences" menu?

 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS      Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company

Archive-Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:10:33 +0200
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 11:44:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
Subject: Re: Cookies
To: Brian Tillman <tillman@swdev.si.com>
CC: Mosaic Support <vms-mosaic@levitte.org>, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

>I have a question about cookies.  Is there a setting of the "Enable
>cookies/Accept all cookies" pair that will allow Mosaic to prompt for
>whether or not a cookie will be accepted.  From my limited testing, the
>combinations of "cookies disabled/accept all cookies disabled" and "cookies
>enabled/accept all cookies disabled" appear to work identically (i.e.,
>cookies are rejected).  I would have thought the latter combination would
>cause Mosaic to prompt for acceptance.

First, are you ever getting cookies in the cookie jar?  The cookie jar
does not update automatically.  It must be refreshed by reloading/
refreshing the window or selecting the "cookie manager" icon in the
cookie jar window.  With the default settings:

	Cookies are enabled.
	Accepting all cookies.

you should automatically get cookies in the jar assuming you go to
sites sending them.

The combination:
	Cookies are enabled.
	Not accepting all cookies.

should cause Mosaic to prompt for each cookie (unless you set particular
domains to allow all cookies).

George
Archive-Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:26:54 +0200
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 12:11:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
Subject: Re: Cookie request
To: Brian Tillman <tillman@swdev.si.com>
CC: Mosaic Support <vms-mosaic@levitte.org>, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

>Would it be possible for the cookie settings to be included in the
>"Preferences" menu?

The reason they are not on the Options menu is that the Cookie Jar
page(s) would not get updated if you changed the cookie settings
via the Options menu.  The page(s) would not get updated until they
are manually refreshed.  This would lead to confusing situations.

It would be possible to have the cookie jar page(s) refresh periodically,
but I doubted people wanted to see that much unsolicited activity
on their screens.  However, I guess it could be argued that if you
have a cookie jar page displayed, then you would stop displaying it
if the updates were a problem.

The settings are in the preference file.  If you change the settings
via the cookie jar page, then do "Save Preferences", the preference
file will be updated correctly.

George
Archive-Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:35:48 +0200
From: "Brian Tillman" <tillman@swdev.si.com>
To: "George Cook" <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
CC: "Mosaic Support" <vms-mosaic@levitte.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 12:33:33 -0400

>First, are you ever getting cookies in the cookie jar?

Yes, when both options are enabled.

>With the default settings:
>
>Cookies are enabled.
>Accepting all cookies.
>
>you should automatically get cookies in the jar assuming you go to
>sites sending them.

Yes, I get them with these settings, but the first time I ran Mosaic with
the cookie support code in it, the default was both options disabled.

>The combination:
>Cookies are enabled.
>Not accepting all cookies.
>
>should cause Mosaic to prompt for each cookie

Mosaic doesn't seem to accept or prompt for cookies with this configuration.

>(unless you set particular
>domains to allow all cookies).

How is this done?

 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS      Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company

Archive-Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:58:46 +0200
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 16:14:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
To: Brian Tillman <tillman@swdev.si.com>
CC: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>, Mosaic Support <vms-mosaic@levitte.org>, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

>Yes, I get them with these settings, but the first time I ran Mosaic with
>the cookie support code in it, the default was both options disabled.

Yes, there is still some unexplained odd behaviour when starting up
a new version of Mosaic with an old preference file.  I made some
changes for the next release, but I don't know if the problem is fixed.
The default should have been True for both.

>>The combination:
>>Cookies are enabled.
>>Not accepting all cookies.
>>
>>should cause Mosaic to prompt for each cookie

>Mosaic doesn't seem to accept or prompt for cookies with this configuration.

That is the config I run with most of the time.  Do you already have
cookies in the jar when you set this config?

>>(unless you set particular
>>domains to allow all cookies).

>How is this done?

When accepting all cookies, a cookie from a domain (e.g. .si.com)
sets that domain as allowing all cookies (this stays in effect even
if the "accepting all cookies" is later turned off).  When prompting
for cookies is on, then a domain is set to allow all cookies if the
prompt selection "Accept Always" is selected.  Once a domain is in
the cookie jar, this setting can be modified by selecting the domain's
link on the cookie jar page.

BTW, this behavior is the same way Lynx works.

George
Archive-Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:08:42 +0200
From: "Brian Tillman" <tillman@swdev.si.com>
To: <VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:06:18 -0400

>That is the config I run with most of the time.  Do you already have
>cookies in the jar when you set this config?

I didn't.  The cookie jar was empty.  It has a cookie in it now, though,
because I enabled Accept All Cookies.  I'll try again.

 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS      Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company

Archive-Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 00:50:32 +0200
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 18:49:54 -0400
From: Jerome LAURET <JLAURET@mail.chem.sunysb.edu>
To: VMS-MOSAIC@levitte.org
Subject: some miscellaneous problems ...

Some miscellaneous problems

	http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem/

	The buttons appears as Black on Black in OPTION list (I don't know
why, the code does not seem to specify any colors). It seems that the color of
the OPTION tags takes the color of bgcolor="#000000". Is it possible to
disallow combination Black on Black or White on White (i.e. if
textcolor=bgcolor then reverse video one of them).

	While visiting one of our Professors WebPage (he was proud to show it
to me but the problem was so annoying ...) whith image animation ON, the text
blinks while no special tag are included.
	http://ms.cc.sunysb.edu/~alhaim/tableofcontents.htm

	The blinking seem to be related to the first 2 stars alignment. The
"TABLE OF CONTENTS" is also not centered (using the <CENTER> tag).

             ,,,,,
            ( o o )
         --m---U---m--
             Jerome

Archive-Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:19 +0200
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 21:46:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
Subject: Re: some miscellaneous problems ...
To: Jerome LAURET <JLAURET@mail.chem.sunysb.edu>
CC: VMS-MOSAIC@levitte.org, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

>	http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem/

>	The buttons appears as Black on Black in OPTION list (I don't know
>why, the code does not seem to specify any colors). It seems that the color of
>the OPTION tags takes the color of bgcolor="#000000". Is it possible to
>disallow combination Black on Black or White on White (i.e. if
>textcolor=bgcolor then reverse video one of them).

Option button colors are no longer supported in the next release.

>	While visiting one of our Professors WebPage (he was proud to show it
>to me but the problem was so annoying ...) whith image animation ON, the text
>blinks while no special tag are included.
>	http://ms.cc.sunysb.edu/~alhaim/tableofcontents.htm

I don't see any blinking.  Does the text blink on both your 8 and 24
plane displays?  If it's a 24 plane problem, I probably cannot fix
it since I do not have a 24 plane display (the organization I work
for refuses to shell out the $350 for the card).

>	The blinking seem to be related to the first 2 stars alignment. The
>"TABLE OF CONTENTS" is also not centered (using the <CENTER> tag).

The problem is caused by the intermixing of alignment commands (i.e.
center align this not yet completed line of text while aligning it around
an image).  The hack to fix this should make it into the next release.

George
Archive-Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:05:45 +0200
From: "Brian Tillman" <tillman@swdev.si.com>
To: <VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:57:21 -0400

>Some miscellaneous problems
>
>http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem/
>
>The buttons appears as Black on Black in OPTION list (I don't know
>why, the code does not seem to specify any colors).

The buttons are black text on gray for me.  I'm using VMS VAX V7.1.

 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS      Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company

Archive-Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 18:32:14 +0200
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:27:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
To: Brian Tillman <tillman@swdev.si.com>
CC: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

>>Some miscellaneous problems
>>
>>http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem/
>>
>>The buttons appears as Black on Black in OPTION list (I don't know
>>why, the code does not seem to specify any colors).

>The buttons are black text on gray for me.  I'm using VMS VAX V7.1.

This would be the case if you have the Mosaic patches dated
28-AUG-1999.

George
Archive-Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:10:26 +0200
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:59:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
Subject: Mosaic V3.5 now available
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG
CC: COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

Release 3.5 of VMS Mosaic is now available at

    ftp://alpha.wvnet.edu/mosaic/mosaic3_5.zip

It includes the following changes since release 3.4:
 o Added support for secure connections (https:)
 o Added detection of graphics cards (e.g. GPX) which limit the
   size of pixmaps to the size of the display
 o Improved support for persistent HTTP connections
 o Improved (radically) display speed of small background images
 o Improved parsing of & strings
 o Improved spacing around form buttons and checkboxes
 o Improved support for <NOBR> tags
 o Improved alignment of tables in tables
 o Improved vertical alignment of list bullets
 o Changed popup menu Meta requests to return HEAD information
 o Removed support for font color in form buttons and checkboxes
 o Removed support for background color in push buttons and menus
 o Added support for STYLE=VISIBILITY:HIDDEN in <DIV> tags
 o Made contents of preference file case insensitive
 o Various bug and memory leak fixes

The major change is support for secure connections.  This support
requires the installation of the OpenSSL package (see the file
OPENSSL.README).  If OpenSSL is not installed, Mosaic will build
without secure connection support.  The Encryption icon can be
used to determine the current encryption status.

George
Archive-Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 01:40:05 +0200
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:09:37 3:3
From: Randy Dodge <randy@leif.ucs.mun.ca>
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG
Subject: RE: Mosaic V3.5 now available

I upgraded to VMS 7.2-1 a few days ago and when I try to make mosiac3-5
I get an error -
$ CC/DECC/Optim/PREFIX=(ALL,EXCEPT=(GETPWUID,IOCTL)) HTTCP.c

  ioctl_desc.opt  = UCX$C_IOCTL;
....................^
%CC-E-UNDECLARED, In this statement, "UCX$C_IOCTL" is not declared.
at line number 133 in file DKA200:[.MOSAIC.LIBWWW2]HTTCP.C;8

I don't recall having to do anything special to build a kit previously.
Archive-Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 06:55:28 +0200
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 00:25:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
To: Randy Dodge <randy@leif.ucs.mun.ca>
CC: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

>I upgraded to VMS 7.2-1 a few days ago and when I try to make mosiac3-5
>I get an error -
>$ CC/DECC/Optim/PREFIX=(ALL,EXCEPT=(GETPWUID,IOCTL)) HTTCP.c

>  ioctl_desc.opt  = UCX$C_IOCTL;
>....................^
>%CC-E-UNDECLARED, In this statement, "UCX$C_IOCTL" is not declared.
>at line number 133 in file DKA200:[.MOSAIC.LIBWWW2]HTTCP.C;8

>I don't recall having to do anything special to build a kit previously.

What TCP/IP package and version are you using?  Assuming you are using UCX,
is there a definition for UCX$C_IOCTL in the file sys$share:ucx$inetdef.h?
If it is not there, then Compaq has either screwed the file up or they
have made non-backward compatible changes to the way ioctl's are emulated
with UCX.  For some reason they have never been able to get their act
together in regard to ioctl.  They even provided an ioctl routine in
recent versions of VMS, however it didn't do the one function (the one
Mosaic needs) that ioctl is most used for.

I put a new HTTCP.C in the anonymous ftp area which no longer depends
on the ucx$inetdef.h provided by UCX.  Of course if they have made
other non-backward compatible changes, then Mosaic may have problems
when it executes

George
Archive-Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:54:49 +0200
From: "Brian Tillman" <tillman@swdev.si.com>
To: <VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:54:26 -0400

Dang it, George, you're GOOD!

 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS      Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company

Archive-Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:34:13 +0200
From: "Brian Tillman" <tillman@swdev.si.com>
To: <VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:18:32 -0400

>What TCP/IP package and version are you using?  Assuming you are using UCX,
>is there a definition for UCX$C_IOCTL in the file sys$share:ucx$inetdef.h?

SYS$SHARE is not where header files are kept for DEC C.

 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS      Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company

Archive-Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:58:31 +0200
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:58:13 -0500
From: David Potterveld (630-252-6589) <POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV>
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG
CC: POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV

Hi All,

>The major change is support for secure connections.  This support
>requires the installation of the OpenSSL package (see the file
>OPENSSL.README).

A note of caution: OpenSSL uses cryptographic software for which there
are legal issues. The OpenSSL documentation states that it uses RSA
and IDEAS algorithms, and that it is the responsibility of the user
to make sure that they comply with all import/export restrictions,
patents, licenses, etc. I don't know the status of IDEAS in the USA,
perhaps someone can weigh in here. I do know that RSA is patented in
the USA, and in the past, the only legal use of RSA in the USA without
an explicit license from RSA was through the use of the free library
"rsaref". (Which in turn could not be legally used or exported outside the
USA. If the situation with regard to RSA in the USA has changed, please
let me know.)

The good news is the OpenSSL can be built with rsaref. The bad news is
that the file "OPENSSL.README" lists build procedures that do not use
rsaref. And the really bad news is that RSA appears to have stopped
distributing rsaref from their ftp site. I think you can still find
mirrors that have it, and maybe RSA distributes it individually if you
ask them. I think those of us who were lucky enough to download it
previously are still entitled to use it.

Any corrections to the info above will certainly be appreciated!

David Potterveld   (potterveld@anl.gov)

Archive-Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 00:50:21 +0200
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:22:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
To: David Potterveld <POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV>
CC: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG, POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

>>The major change is support for secure connections.  This support
>>requires the installation of the OpenSSL package (see the file
>>OPENSSL.README).

>A note of caution: OpenSSL uses cryptographic software for which there
>are legal issues. The OpenSSL documentation states that it uses RSA
>and IDEAS algorithms, and that it is the responsibility of the user
>to make sure that they comply with all import/export restrictions,
>patents, licenses, etc. I don't know the status of IDEAS in the USA,
>perhaps someone can weigh in here. I do know that RSA is patented in
>the USA, and in the past, the only legal use of RSA in the USA without
>an explicit license from RSA was through the use of the free library
>"rsaref". (Which in turn could not be legally used or exported outside the
>USA. If the situation with regard to RSA in the USA has changed, please
>let me know.)

Each user of VMS Mosaic built with OpenSSL is responsible for
their compliance with all legal issues concerning that use.  The
developer (me) takes no responsibility for any mis-use; I do not
know the laws, patents and licenses involved in every country where
Mosaic may be used.  In fact, it may be illegal to import the source
of 3.5 of VMS Mosaic into some countries; once again each individual
is responsible for knowing the laws of their own country.

>The good news is the OpenSSL can be built with rsaref. The bad news is
>that the file "OPENSSL.README" lists build procedures that do not use
>rsaref. And the really bad news is that RSA appears to have stopped
>distributing rsaref from their ftp site. I think you can still find
>mirrors that have it, and maybe RSA distributes it individually if you
>ask them. I think those of us who were lucky enough to download it
>previously are still entitled to use it.

I have not tried building OpenSSL with rsaref; Richard Levitte (the
OpenSSL maintainer for VMS) seems to say in the OpenSSL installation
doc for VMS that he has never tried it either (I may however be
misunderstanding his notes).

The few sites I tried accessing via "https:" did not require RSA support.
I am no expert on the subject.  How much need is there for RSA support?
There is at least one ftp site where rsaref-2.0 can still be downloaded,
but I don't know about the legality of downloading it from that site.

George
Archive-Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 01:18:25 +0200
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:18:09 -0400
From: Jerome LAURET <JLAURET@mail.chem.sunysb.edu>
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG

> From:	SMTP%"VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG"
> To:	JLAURET
> CC:
> Subj:	RE: Mosaic V3.5 now available
>

> Mosaic may be used.  In fact, it may be illegal to import the source
> of 3.5 of VMS Mosaic into some countries; once again each individual
> is responsible for knowing the laws of their own country.

	As far as I can understand ...

	Import Mosaic source code into other country will certainly not be
illegal as long as you do not distribute any of the code or include files part
of the SSL package i.e. Mosaic has to restrict itself to #include and link
with the ssl library.

> The few sites I tried accessing via "https:" did not require RSA support

	What I have tried does not require RSA neither.

             ,,,,,
            ( o o )
         --m---U---m--
             Jerome

Archive-Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:04:55 +0200
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:04:37 -0500
From: David Potterveld (630-252-6589) <POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV>
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG
CC: POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV

George,

>I have not tried building OpenSSL with rsaref; Richard Levitte (the
>OpenSSL maintainer for VMS) seems to say in the OpenSSL installation
>doc for VMS that he has never tried it either (I may however be
>misunderstanding his notes).

I built OpenSSL 0.9.4 with the existing rsaref I already had. The only
problem I had was that the OpenSSL "Install" step didn't process the
rsaref object library. I had to manually merge it into the SSL "crypto"
object library.

>The few sites I tried accessing via "https:" did not require RSA support.
>I am no expert on the subject.  How much need is there for RSA support?

I thought I'd found one, but I can't remember the url anymore.
I built mosaic 3.5 with OpenSSL/rsaref, and tried a few https sites.
I had mixed results.

Some worked perfectly fine, like https://www.ishops.com/

Others worked mostly OK, except that some images failed to load properly:
https://www.thetrip.com/reservations/itn/login/

Others failed completely, such as:
https://www.verisign.com/

- D. Potterveld

Archive-Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 00:29:29 +0200
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:25:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
To: David Potterveld <POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV>
CC: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG, POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

>Some worked perfectly fine, like https://www.ishops.com/

>Others worked mostly OK, except that some images failed to load properly:
>https://www.thetrip.com/reservations/itn/login/

>Others failed completely, such as:
>https://www.verisign.com/

There is a new HTFORMAT.C in the anonymous ftp area on alpha.wvnet.edu
which corrects the problems with the above pages.

George
Archive-Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:03:50 +0200
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:03:41 -0500
From: David Potterveld (630-252-6589) <POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV>
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG
CC: POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV

George,

>There is a new HTFORMAT.C in the anonymous ftp area on alpha.wvnet.edu
>which corrects the problems with the above pages.

Thanks for fixing it! Here's another oddity: When I first start Mosiac 3.5,
the right mouse button is totally ignored, as if it was never pushed. If I
pull down the "Navigate" menu, and select either "Add All Hotlist Entries
to RBM", or "Remove All Hotlist Entries from RBM", then right mouse button
popup menu works properly. It used to work OK in the previous version.

Regards,
David Potterveld

Archive-Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 09:36:08 +0200
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 03:29:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
To: David Potterveld <POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV>
CC: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

>Thanks for fixing it! Here's another oddity: When I first start Mosiac 3.5,
>the right mouse button is totally ignored, as if it was never pushed. If I
>pull down the "Navigate" menu, and select either "Add All Hotlist Entries
>to RBM", or "Remove All Hotlist Entries from RBM", then right mouse button
>popup menu works properly. It used to work OK in the previous version.

I cannot reproduce the problem, however I believe it is caused by a
restriction in some versions of Motif.  The way you were able to get it
to work was due to a bug.  There are new GUI-POPUP.C and GUI-POPUP.H
files in the anonymous ftp directory on alpha.wvnet.edu which may correct
the problem.

George
Archive-Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:37:55 +0200
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:33:20 -0400
From: T-Michael Boyle <tmboyle@maximgroup.com>
Subject: VAX/VMS Opportunity
To: allin1-l%sbccvm.bitnet@interbit.cren.net

Technology: VAX/VMS
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Duration:    1 month

Our client, a leader in the e-commerce industry, is looking for a(n)
senior level VAX/VMS consultant.

The candidate will port an existing e-commerce product to a VMS system.
This individual will also work with the existing team to configure the
system properly and streamline the network.  Some testing is also
involved and a possible upgrade in the next few months. After the task
has been completed, this individual will perform knowledge transfer to
the client.

This is a one-month contract in sunny Tampa, Florida. W2 contracts only
and the work must be performed on site.

Please call Erik Kant @ 800-303-7788 x 1028
Or
Erkant@maximgroup.com

Maxim Group has been a leader in the consulting industry since 1987.
That's because we do what it takes to keep our consultants challenged
and rewarded.  At Maxim Group, we place an emphasis on building strong
relationships with our consultants and clients.  From the personal
delivery of your weekly checks to our dedication to finding a placement
for each of our consultants after the end of a project, you will find
our service orientation to be number one in the industry.

In addition to full time and hourly consulting, training and competitive
compensation, our generous benefits include options of Blue Cross/ Blue
Shield medical coverage, CIGNA HMO medical coverage, Long term
disability, group life insurance, dental and vision coverage, and a 401K
plan.

Contact our Tampa office, serving the greater Tampa Bay, to learn more
about this opportunity.

Visit our website at: http://www.maximgroup.com

Archive-Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:32:02 +0200
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:30:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG
CC: David Potterveld <POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV>, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu

>>Thanks for fixing it! Here's another oddity: When I first start Mosiac 3.5,
>>the right mouse button is totally ignored, as if it was never pushed. If I
>>pull down the "Navigate" menu, and select either "Add All Hotlist Entries
>>to RBM", or "Remove All Hotlist Entries from RBM", then right mouse button
>>popup menu works properly. It used to work OK in the previous version.

>I cannot reproduce the problem, however I believe it is caused by a
>restriction in some versions of Motif.  The way you were able to get it
>to work was due to a bug.  There are new GUI-POPUP.C and GUI-POPUP.H
>files in the anonymous ftp directory on alpha.wvnet.edu which may correct
>the problem.

Did anyone who had this problem get a chance to try the fixes?  If so,
was the problem corrected?

George
Archive-Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:39:08 +0200
Date: 27 Sep 1999 14:35:11 -0700
From: "ORAPOST" <ORAPOST@us.oracle.com>
To: vms-mosaic@levitte.org
Subject: Return Message

--=_ORCL_30963636_0_0
Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit

The included message could not be delivered to the following invalid mail names.  Please verify these names and try them again.

Bad name:  Potterveld
Ambiguous:  David

--=_ORCL_30963636_0_0

Date: 27 Sep 1999 14:30:21
From:George Cook <COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu>
To:VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG
Cc:David Potterveld <POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV>, COOK@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu
Reply-to:VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG

>>Thanks for fixing it! Here's another oddity: When I first start Mosiac 3.5,
>>the right mouse button is totally ignored, as if it was never pushed. If I
>>pull down the "Navigate" menu, and select either "Add All Hotlist Entries
>>to RBM", or "Remove All Hotlist Entries from RBM", then right mouse button
>>popup menu works properly. It used to work OK in the previous version.

>I cannot reproduce the problem, however I believe it is caused by a
>restriction in some versions of Motif.  The way you were able to get it
>to work was due to a bug.  There are new GUI-POPUP.C and GUI-POPUP.H
>files in the anonymous ftp directory on alpha.wvnet.edu which may correct
>the problem.

Did anyone who had this problem get a chance to try the fixes?  If so,
was the problem corrected?

George

--=_ORCL_30963636_0_0--

Archive-Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:45:49 +0200
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 8:46:05 -0500
From: David Potterveld (630-252-6589) <POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV>
To: VMS-MOSAIC@LEVITTE.ORG
CC: POTTERVELD@ANLMEP.PHY.ANL.GOV

>>I cannot reproduce the problem, however I believe it is caused by a
>>restriction in some versions of Motif.  The way you were able to get it
>>to work was due to a bug.  There are new GUI-POPUP.C and GUI-POPUP.H
>>files in the anonymous ftp directory on alpha.wvnet.edu which may correct
>>the problem.
>
>Did anyone who had this problem get a chance to try the fixes?  If so,
>was the problem corrected?

Sorry, I've been out of town and I didn't get a chance to try the fix
before now. It works fine for me. As always, THANKS!   :)

- David