Re: using Heimdal Krb5 for DCE RPC Security

Leif Johansson <leifj@matematik.su.se> writes:

> Just a quick thought: Isn't DCE 3 (Transarc at least) supposed to be
> based on something closer to mit 1.0? That would perhaps make the cc
> format problems go away eventually?!?!?

There has been talk about this. I think that 1.2.2 was supposed to be
protocol compatible with MIT something (earlier DCE versions are
utterly broken in some respects). I dont know if this is the case, or
what the plans for DCE are. Doug Engert is at least active on the
kerberos mailing list.

/Johan