0.1g kadmind vs. large "list" commands?

As a test, I set up a heimdal KDC and hprop'ed the ece.cmu.edu kaserver (3514
principals) into it, then (after extracting a new keytab with kadmin -l)
started kadmin the normal way to test it.

kadmin> list *
kadmin: kadm5_get_principals: Communication failure with server
kadmin> list */hilfy.ece.cmu.edu
kadmin: kadm5_get_principals: Not enough space
(all requests fail at this point)

There was no core file from kadmind.

Is there a limit to the number of principals that "list" can deal with?

# # #

Also, a v4 instance convert question:  can I add a remap rule which deletes
an instance instead of copying it unmodified?  We have dummy "access"
instances which nothing uses.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu