Re: problems

Arkadiusz Mi¶kiewicz <misiek@misiek.eu.org> writes:
> > > 2)
> > > Also:
> > > root@linstar /root#  /usr/heimdal/sbin/dump_log
> > > Segmentation fault
> >
> > I'm not able to reproduce this bug.  What is the contents of your
> > /var/heimdal directory?
> root@linstar /root# ls -l /var/heimdal/
> razem 13
> -rw-------   1 root     root         8192 Jul  5 18:27 heimdal.db
> -rw-------   1 root     root            0 Jul  5 18:10 kadmind.acl
> -rw-------   1 root     root         4986 Jul  5 18:27 log
> root@linstar /root#
>
> >  And can you run gdb on the core so that I can
> > see where it's failing?
> gdb on dump_log show
> Starting program: /usr/heimdal/sbin/./dump_log
> (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
> (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
> (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
> 0x4005d292 in initialize_error_table_r () from /usr/heimdal/lib/libkrb5.so.1

Can you do a `bt' in gdb?

> > > 4)
> > > misiek@linstar bin$ ./kinit misiek
> > > misiek@ZSZ2.STARACHOWICE.PL's Password:
> > > kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: Program lacks support for checksum type
> > > misiek@linstar bin$
> >
> > Somehow the client doesn't handle des3-cbc-sha1.  Did you compile both
> > client and server with --enable-new-des3-code?
> simply ./configure --enable-new-des3-code && make from main dir of heimdal-0.1g
>
> I'm for 99% sure that client and server is compiled with new-des3 because I compiled
> even with CFLAGS+="-DNEW_DES3_CODE=1".

Hm, plese fetch 0.1l and configure without --enable-new-des3-code
(that option should get removed).

> I have one more question about IPv6 ....  Is IPv6 one of features
> with high priority in heimdal project or maybe it's only for testing
> etc ?

We want to have IPv6 support in all the programs (and most of them
already have it).  But there're some other things that have higher
priority, like getting stuff to work properly.

> (kdc doesn't work via IPv6 - doesn't bind to IPv6 socket...)

It has been doing that for a long time.

/assar