Re: krb5 -> heimdal conversion

Jakob Schlyter <jakob@cdg.chalmers.se> writes:

> Is it possible to import a MIT Kerberos 5 database dump into
> heimdal?

Not without writing some conversion code. Either you could take an
ascii-dump, and convert that, or preferrably you could write a backend
for hprop -- that way you could run a Heimdal KDC as a slave to a MIT
KDC.

In either case you will have to fix the encryption of keys in the
database, as I suspect that they don't encrypt in the same way as we
do.

As we don't have access to the MIT code (and we don't want it either),
someone else has to do this work. We're happy to give any assistance.

/Johan