Re: wish list for rsh

In message <x3rd7qhzl3a.fsf@lyell.csse.monash.edu.au>, Brian May writes:
+-----
| What version of libtool supports AIX?
|
| Ok, I see the following in the libtool documentation:
|
| Some platforms, such as AIX, do not even allow you this
| flexibility. In order to build a shared library, it must be entirely
| self-contained (that is, have references only to symbols that are
| found in the .lo files or the specified -l libraries), and you need to
| specify the -no-undefined flag. By default, libtool builds only static
| libraries on these kinds of platforms.
+--->8

Recent libtool can build shared libraries on AIX in at least some cases.  It
will refuse if it can't meet the requirements, however.

| not very good. Does AIX have any support for PAM (or similar)?
+--->8

IBM has their own setup for this, for which documentation is not easily
available apparently.  It's a pain in the butt.

--
brandon s. allbery	   os/2,linux,solaris,perl	allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	   kthkrb,heimdal,gnome,rt	  allbery@ece.cmu.edu