Re: wish list for rsh

    Brian> I think I might have stated that wrongly (although it was
    Brian> the way I understood it at the time, so maybe I just cannot
    Brian> find the reference again).

Found it!

In libtool's documentation: GNU DLD (emulates dynamic linking for
static libraries)

>From http://www.gnu.org/software/dld/dld.html:

`Dld' is a library package of C functions that performs `dynamic link
editing'. Programs that use dld can add or remove compiled object code
from a process anytime during its execution. Loading modules,
searching libraries, resolving external references, and allocating
storage for global and static data structures are all performed at run
time.

There seems to be a copy, version 3.3, (1996) at
http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/dld/

However, this software seems to be suffering from the lack of a
maintainer (or the web page just hasn't been updated).

On 6-May-1999, Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@trick.fig.org> said in

[Actually, I don't even know who ended up implementing libltdl... I
was going to make something like it the basis for GNU DLD 4.0, but
that project is now without a maintainer.  I hope somebody takes up
that torch sometime.]

It looks interesting software, but unless version 4 (with supposed
major updates) has already been released, seems rather dead. :-(

I might try and contact Gordon, and see what happened to it.
--
Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au>