Re: cvs gserver & heimdal

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> writes:
> Yeah... I'd be happy if the cvs client would just print a nasty
> gram and quit rather than abort'ing via an assert().

That's easy enough, but for it to be useful I would like it to
actually print the error message it gets back from the server.  And in
this case it reads two bytes thinking it's the length of the gss token
but it's actually the first two characters of the error string from
the other end.

> >The error reporting in the gssapi-part of cvs sucks.
> >Can you send me the cvs-line from inetd.conf?
>
> cvspserver  stream  tcp nowait  root    /usr/local/bin/cvs  cvs --allow-root=/repo/OpenLDAP pserver
>
> (note: pserver provides gserver)

Yeah.  This question was actually for Jakob, who made me curious with
his title of `gserver'.  Actually running `cvs gserver' instead of
`cvs pserver' makes cvs print out the usage on stdout, which will be
the socket to the client and will confuse the above mentioned cvs
client.  This wasn't what happened to you, Jabok, was it?

/assar