Re: Some memory management problems

On 12 Apr 2000, Assar Westerlund wrote:

> Where do you have problems with freeing NULL and mallocing 0 bytes?
> If it's with efence you can probably solve the last problem by setting
> EF_ALLOC_MALLOC_0.

I've got segmentation faults in free_general_string and free_octet_string.
I have used dmalloc and gdb to debug the problem. The "ptr = NULL" style
assignments in my patch made the segfaults go away, and the tests for
malloc'ing 0 bytes and free'ing NULL made dmalloc to shut up. So these
tests may not be neccessary, but resetting pointers to NULL after they'd
been freed is neccessary.

Gabor

---
Gabor Gombas                                       Eotvos Lorand University
E-mail: gombasg@inf.elte.hu                        Hungary